Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

While I know that starts with a "B", that is not, in fact, my next entry for the Pagan Blog Project  LoL!!  Though, I suppose it'd be something valid as a Pagan topic  XD

What a tremendous week this has been! For instance, Monday saw our wonderful President going through his second Inauguration.  I was so happy to catch this one!  I didn't see his first Inauguration because, quite frankly, I hadn't really cared at the time.  It was no slight against him or anything, but I'm very wary of politicians.  Too often they make so many lofty, pretty promises that just end up getting brushed under the rug once they're elected and, sadly, too many politicians show their true colors as being a bunch of money-hungry assholes who only truly care about filling their own pockets and the pockets of the rich.  

So, when Obama first got elected, I wasn't one of the people throwing a huge-ass party.  Truth be told, I was rather ambivalent.  I was happy that we didn't elect another Republican, to be sure.  After the mess Bush made, I was thoroughly sick of his brand of Republican.  I was working at a gas station when Obama got elected.  In fact, I was working that Election Night.  So when I had a bunch of customers come in screaming with glee about Obama's election, I had whispered a soft  "Good luck, President Obama.  PLEASE do better than President Bush."   And that was it.

However, as time went on and I began to learn about President Obama, I can speak truthfully that he fully won me over with his repeatedly proving that his heart is truly for the people.  His heart is for fairness and true equality.  His heart is for giving poor people like me the chance to better ourselves.  Because of him, I'm able to go to college.  Because of him, I have a chance to reach for the better and to make a better life for my children.  And it is been in seeing that he truly cares for people --  for EVERYONE, not just the rich folk, that he really won me over.

I was in a TANF class (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) when I first really began to learn about President Obama.  I learned about his beginnings as a kid and the fact that his single mother had busted her ass to provide for him.  He didn't have a privileged childhood, but by gods, he sure climbed his way up so that his daughters could have better.

I seriously don't have the necessary vocabulary to express how much I respect him.  So, when his second Inauguration came around, I was glued.  It is unfortunate that I missed out on the historicness (is that a word?  LoL) of his first Inauguration as being the first Black President elected.  But you know what?  As awesome as that is, I think I still would have appreciated his second Inauguration better for the fact that, this time, it wasn't about the novelty of him being the first Black President.  It was a celebration of the fact that, just as much now as before, he is fighting for equal rights for all.

As I've had to point out to people before:  Do I think he's perfect?  No.  Do I think that he won't make mistakes?  Hell no.  Do I expect to agree with everything he does?  Of course not.  Do I think things will turn Utopian because he was elected to a second term?  Hell no.  But do I think that Obama will continue to do the best he can to make this country a better place for us and for our children?  HELL YES!!!  Abundantly yes!!  Why?  Because he truly loves people and, because of that, he's going to do the best he can for America.


Now, as for other things that have gone on this week:  Tuesday was the first day of the Spring Semester for me and Druid.  :-)  This is the first semester for me to be in on-campus classes in over a year, so I only signed up for 2 classes just to ease myself in better than I did the last time.  This semester, I am taking a 4-credit Math course that combines Basic Math and Pre-Algebra and I am taking my first Paralegal course  ^_^  Thus far I am loving it!!  Yes, even the Math (I hate Math -- it is my nemesis!!!)   No, I'm still not looking forward to having to do the Algebra part, but at least I'm feeling more confident about it because of getting to start off with Basic Math and work my way back up to that point.  I am HUGELY grateful for that, though today's Math class reminded me just how much a pain in the ass things like Long Division are.  Oh well.  At least it's still do-able.

So, now that school has started up for me once again, I don't have as much time on my hands.  I'm still going to make sure to do my Pagan Blog Project entries every week and my 44 Days of Witchery entries as I can, but I can't promise how often I'll be able to do these extracurricular entries.  It'll be easier once we get our internet turned back on because then I won't have to rely on internet connections like Starbucks or things like that that mean I only have so much time to be there.

For instance, I'm going to be at a Starbucks tomorrow while my kiddos are in school, but I'm going to have to make sure I already have my PBP entry already typed up tonight because when I'm at Starbucks tomorrow, my time is going to have to be devoted to getting my homework done since the little connection I'm currently piggybacking off of is not strong enough for me to access the site where I do my homework.

Yay!  LoL

So bear with me.  ^_^  If I'm not on here very often, I haven't abandoned this blog.  I love this blog.  I love it  even more than the last two I had; it feels like home.  But now I must hop off and go pick up my kiddos from school, so I'll catch y'all later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment