A New Year Approaches

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

For sure this has, in many ways, been a lack-luster year for me personally.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad for what I have accomplished.  I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to continue my Year and a Day class, but at least that falling through wasn't due to my lack of follow-through.  However, the things that I am disappointed about are due to that.

Excerpt from my personal journal to explain:   "I've been feeling a huge pull to do the 30 Days of Otherkin challenge (we'll see how that goes) and to actually finish the 44 Days of Witchery challenge on my much-neglected blog. Sadly, I have yet to actually have the discipline and follow-through to finish any of the challenges I've started out doing. >.< Seriously frikkin' sad, I know. That's something else I want to improve upon: actually finishing the things I start instead of always fading out a few days in.
A new year is rapidly approaching which means that a new Pagan Blog Project challenge will be starting. Should be easy, right? One blog post a week? This year will be my 3rd attempt. I'd really like for it to be the charm.

I think the only thing I've ever really successfully finished was my first attempt at NaNoWriMo back in '09. I had actually started late -- 7 days late to be precise -- but I plugged away at it and actually won! That was my only win out of my NaNo attempts and I didn't even try this year or last year. This November I really don't have any reason to not go for it. This year I was still homeless and last year I was in school.

But I hate the fact that I'm so wishy-washy. I do want to become more disciplined at finishing things I start. I think that is my biggest resolution for the coming year. If I do the 365 Days of Tarot, I want to finish it. If I re-start the 44 Days of Witchery, I want to finish it. If I start the 30 Days of Otherkin challenge, I want to finish it. And, really, I know that there's no real reason that I can't accomplish these things. I know it. It's just me having gotten in my own way in times past. And I know it doesn't have to be that way."


I know, overall, it's not hard to do these things on a daily basis.  It's just a matter of actually kicking myself in the ass to do so.  Perhaps if I can get myself into a more school-minded way of thinking I'll be more motivated.  Give myself deadlines and treat these goals like they're school assignments -- they have to be done, non-optional.

I'll see what I can do for entries for the 44 Days of Witchery (I'm just going to continue where I left off -- no point in basically having repeat entries if I can help it) and for the 30 Days of Otherkin.  I dunno if I'll make those entries here, though.  We'll see.

My big thing at the moment, though, is trying to find a way to do the Tarot every day.  One of my friends on Instagram has done the aforementioned 365 Tarot challenge and that's all well and good.  I'd like to do that too, but I'd like to find a way to approach it that will best have me getting acquainted with my Tarot deck.  I'd like to find a set of daily exercises I can do.  If anyone reading this has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  :-)   In the meantime, I will try to get in a good habit of drawing a card every morning and logging the meaning from the book.  It's a start, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment