Resurrecting the 44 DoW -- Day 7: Air Element

Monday, December 16, 2013

ZOMG!!!!  Giving the 44 Days of Witchery another shot, but I'm not starting it over from scratch.  What's the point?  I might do another post for "Favorite Goddess" but that's about as far back as I feel the need to re-visit.  Otherwise I'd just basically have repeat posts and, well, I just don't feel like doing that.  :3

Soooooooooo, trying to get this going again, Day 7's prompt is Air Element.  Of course.  Of course the prompt to pick up where I left off would be something where I'm just kinda drawing a blank on what to say.  *facepalm*

I found a purrtyful peekture all artsy-like of the Air Element on Google  :-D


Credit for image goes to CristaliaART
Ok.  So some general basics that most Pagans would know by now (excluding newbies, of course, in which case I hope that this helps in any way ^_^)

The following info for the Air Correspondences is taken from Ellen Dugan's book "Elements of Witchcraft: Natural Magick for Teens" and, of course, all credit goes to her.

Air Correspondences

Direction:  East

Color:  Yellow

Time of Day:  Sunrise

Places:  High places, such as mountaintops, meadows, and windy plains

Witch's Tool:  Wand

Deities:  Aradia, Aphrodite, Arianrhod, Butterfly Woman (Native American), Eros, Mercury, Nut, Psyche, the Sky Father

Animals:  Birds and flying insects -- bees, butterflies, dragonflies, and ladybugs

Elemental Beings:  Faeries, sylphs, and flower faeries

Magicks Include:  Creativity, knowledge, study, and change

Natural Representations Include:  Feathers, flowers, oils, perfumes, and incense smoke

Symbol:


The element of Air also rules over three signs of the Zodiac:  Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra.  Common traits that vary in degree between the three are being more mentally-driven than emotional, very intellectual, and tend to be flexible and open to change.  These three are very chatty (I should know -- I'm a Gemini cusp and my Moon is in Libra) and could talk your ears off for hours if you let them.  Basically, a lot of their common traits are, for lack of a better word, quite airy.  Conversations, life decisions, etc. often end up being things that are flitted to from one thing to the next with very little warning.  "Wherever the wind blows you", in my opinion, was a phrase probably coined for an Air sign  ;-)   LoL   Actually, I don't know that for sure or anything, but it definitely fits! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment